Hello and welcome to your monthly selection of wine world goings ons. You’re now ready for tonight’s cocktail party or the small talk that’s bound to happen in the office on Monday. You’re welcome.
- New Wine Bar Opens in NYC. Is this really news? Maybe not, but this looks like one of the best wine drinking locations ever, and I plan on checking out City Vineyard as soon as possible. So whether you’re a native New Yorker or you’re heading there for vacation, you should probably hit this place up and tag me in your wine selfie.
- Wine Thieves. I’m very much into not being a criminal, but I guess if I HAD to take a stroll down lawbreaker lane, I’d probably go in the direction of the villains who stole more than $200,000 worth of wine from two Barolo wineries…I mean, if I HAD to, ya know?
- Make Wine in Under an Hour. Traditionally, wine takes a while to make. We’re talking several weeks to months just to ferment, then months or years of barrel or bottle aging. By the time it’s done, it will likely be years before it makes its way into your glass. Well, scientists have discovered a way to make wine in about an hour. For now, it’s really just a science experiment, but who knows, maybe we’ll be making #instawine in the kitchen someday soon.
- Wine Vocabulary Lesson. Here’s the top ten wine words you need to know for your next cocktail party. #AlltheTannins
- Wine is Cheapest on Tuesdays. Timing is everything when it comes to most things in life. These researchers found out that weekends are the most expensive time to do just about everything. And Tuesdays is the best time to buy your wine, which works out perfect for the #Under25Challenge.