I realized that I have a few things on my Wine To Do List a/k/a my Wine Bucket List. I’m going to keep a running list so I don’t forget. Feel free to make suggestions, send bottles or private planes to my bucket list destinations!
What’s on your Wine Bucket List?
Orin Swift – The Prisoner
Completed Jan. 15, 2016
- Stag’s Leap Cabernet
- Chateau Montelena 2009 Cabernet
- Domaines Ott Chateau de Selle Cotes de Provence Rosé
Any offering from Bernard MagrezThis one got blown out of the water during #FancyInFrancey
- Joseph Phelps – Insignia
- Any offering by Maison Ilan. If you haven’t read Road to Burgundy, run, don’t walk and grab your copy today!
Life To-Do List
- Buy the LAST bottle from Last Bottle Wines
- Figure out the whole WSET thing.
- Sommelier? Maybe? I don’t know. I’m on the fence.
- Drink some fine bubbly in the Royal Enclosure at Royal Ascot.
- Take a sip from Italy’s free-flowing Wine Fountain. Because, why not?! It’s in Ortona, Abruzzo, famous for their Montepulciano grapes.
Location Bucket List
Clarksburg, CaliforniaHappy to say I visited on my way to the airport from #WBC16. Check out my adventure.
- Umbria, Italy (I know, I’ve been there, but I need to go back)
- Provence, France
- Loire Valley, France
Bordeaux, FranceI love crossing things off my Bucket List. See Recap of #FancyinFrancey
- Alsace, France – it looks too much like a Fairy Tale to be real, so I think I’ll need to go just to make sure it is.
- Napa Valley, California. Because, hello?! I love pretty much everything that comes from Napa.
- Nahe wine region of Germany. This place looks stunning, and I hear the wine’s not bad either.
- The Summer Cave Restaurant at the Hotel Ristorante Grotta Palazzese in Puglia, Italy. Just look at the photos. No explanations needed. Wow.
- Alto Adige, Italy and the Dolomites. Read more about why I want to go here. Wine + Italy + Vineyards + Castles = Yes
11. McLaren Vale, Australia. Especially want to visit my friends at Wirra Wirra.